Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 396 - 'one' wheely

My twig furniture making phase.
that's what I'm going to learn how to do, one BIG wheely.  Yesterday was a pivotal day for me.  It was a day where I found strength in knowing that I CAN! As you noticed on my blog I've been whining about the lack of energy I've had over the last few days.  I took the problem and flipped it backwards, forwards, upside down and sideways.  Yep over analyzing it is what I did, no surprise there...

But it was all solved with the interesting concept of one foot in front of the other.  Simple eh?  I have always said that I will use whatever means possible to do the things I want to do.  Sounds good in theory but I've learned there are somethings you just have to let go and shift your thinking to doing the things you can.  Well this week even walking has been an issue.  I wasn't expecting that!

My faux painting days...can we say
super yuck! can we say too
much in one small place...sheesh!
In realizing that my brain was keeping my body stuck, I asked Ray to bring up a walker that was down in the basement generously loaned to me by my sister-in-law when she heard over a month ago that I was wobbly on my feet.  I looked at it, played with it rolling it back and forth and then I took it for a spin around the house.  What a glorious feeling.  To be able to put one foot in front of the other and not have to worry about tilting, wobbling or falling.  Freedom is what it felt like, I felt in control once again and thinking about all the things I will be able to do.

Claire's first birthday party.  So cute!
Before I took 'X' [of course I will need to name it] for a spin, I looked at it as giving in and giving up.  But when I actually used it I found it to be so empowering that I was overwhelmed.  I know we look at others who use these devices as needing them but when we think of using them ourselves it's a whole different story. 

So when I need it, I WILL use it because I've now broken through that psychological barrier that kept me stuck for a few days.  I will find or make a special cane for myself now because I'm on the move and I will use what's necessary to keep that momentum.

Stand aside this old lady is on your tail! LOL

signed 'one' checking for radar purple ladybug


No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.