Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 392 - 'one' interesting comment can create interesting thoughts

A beautiful sunset at Crescent Beach that my hubby took me to see.
It's been an odd day.  I've been dealing with some new aches and pains in my belly.  But perhaps it's me being paranoid from the comments that my Dr. said at my last appointment, the comment really sticks in my head for some reason.  She said she's surprised that I don't need more pain medication than what I'm taking...
  Did she see something in my CT scan that would cause her to feel that way?  Of course these are the questions you think of after you leave the appointment, of course, of course.

Today we were out running around doing some errands before Ray goes on a few days of graveyards and I received numerous voice mails at home and on my cell phone from the airport manager where my lavender is planted.  For her to leave multiple messages created a sense of urgency in returning her messages for sure.  What could it be? I haven't heard of fires or floods or ? in that area perhaps an airplane landed on my lavender and now we have lavender leaves spread all over Hope, LOL. 

My lavender drying in
my workshop.
The conversation started as normal, how are you...fine and you?  So what's up? Well it seems that she was over trimming the hay near my lavender field and she ran over a purple box.  A purple box?  Yes, that's where I had some tomatoes and pumpkins planted last year but unfortunately this year there was no time.  She offered to reimburse me for what she broke and I was concerned I owed her some $ for breaking her lawnmower.  But neither was necessary.  She was just concerned that she had broken something.  As we conversed some more we talked about my current journey and she communicated that her sister in law is dealing with lung cancer and she is currently being diagnosed with MS.  She will be heading to UBC next week for a MRA and MRI. 

It's just crazy.  It seems like everyone you talk to knows someone who is very ill.  I guess we are all getting older but how will the boomer generation deal with all these health issues?  I see that we are trying to complement the scientific side of medicine with the alternative options.  Which is a great way to feel like we have some control.  Will it work? Sometimes yes, sometimes no...but at least we try. 

Watching the sunset.
I am now researching an ancient Chinese method called Qigong.  Similar to Tai Chi but it deals more with inner healing and meditation.  We will see where this road leads me.  Will it be a detour, a help, a distraction or maybe an answer.  Down the road we go not knowing where it will take me.  That seems the feeling I have as I wake up each day.  That is wondering where today will lead me.  Which is very different from the way I thought a couple years ago.  I used to wake up and try to decide where I would like to lead this day. 

Can you see the difference?  It's opening your eyes to options instead of forcing your options on your eyes.  It allows you to see things as they are not as you think they should be.  We don't always see what we like but by taking things as they are helps you relax and create a calmness around you and inside you that you've never felt before.  It's not always there but it sure feels good when you notice it.

Yes it's been a strange day.  A day of busy, a day of inner thoughts and realizations of what the future may hold but my future is filled with options and I wait with open eyes and an open heart to what it will show me.  What conflict are you having between what you see in front of your eyes and what is in your heart?  Is there that much of a difference?

signed 'one' riding the roller coaster of life purple ladybug


No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.