Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 394 - 'one' flip of a switch

to change your life.  Don't we wish it was that easy?  Lets see...I would like to switch my legs into power mode, yep that would be great.  The ability to easily walk up and down the stairs, to run around the yard and to chase my Dudley.  Or perhaps a flip of the switch to give strength to my body, to be able to carry the things I need to and to build the things I dream of.  But alas, life is not one flip of the switch. 

The last couple days have found me with less and less energy.  I watch the world around me continue on while I feel stuck.  Stuck in a little bit of mud, not enough to completely stop me but just enough to slow me down...
  Ahhhh I think I need to make some mud pies and fling them across the yard! LOL

I looked at the definition of strong this morning.  There is so much reference to the ability to be powerful and to lift heavy things that it took me back.  To be strong is so much more than that.  I know that I have to change my own definition of what it means in my mind.  In my mind it's the ability to do the things you want in life, to accomplish feats of strength and endurance but now I need to completely change the meaning of strong for me and that's not easy. 

Strong for me shall be completely rewritten and what does that mean? That there is strength in admitting that there are things that you can no longer do.  That there is strength in realizing that you need more help than you realize and that there is strength in keeping a positive attitude towards life and living within whatever situations you are faced with.  Yes strength, endurance, and determination. 

So as I rewrite my definition of the meaning of strength within me I will also search for the things I need to do to find confidence in a new version of me...currently 'UNDER CONSTRUCTION' ;-)

signed 'one' detoured purple ladybug

4 comments:

  1. Your strength is far greater than any definition in a book. Few understand the strength it takes to look forward when the world is holding you back. If strength were transferable I would give you all I have to spare and then some. The only strength I have to give is that my heart, my thoughts and my prayers go out to you. That you can continue to see the good in the world and know that others care deeply for you and understand, just a little, where you stand.
    Love you little sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson, Scottish novelist, poet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lil' Sis, strength comes in all forms, you got it, just relax a while, flip the switch on the brain to cruise and let people help. We got your back, like we said. Let it all slid for a while, it really is OK, Right??.....Papa Bear

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's actually not the world that's holding me back, it's my own brain. Which can be at times filled with the 'I can't's' instead of the 'I can's'. Thank goodness that it only lasts a little while and I'm off and running again. I'm the only one that can make myself happy and I'm the only one that can hold me back. ahhh the brain, what a glorious challenge. woohoo

    ReplyDelete

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.