Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 385 - one hopes

lounging at Crescent Beach...I hope
the sun stays away for just a little longer
for many things throughout the journey of life.  We send hope in our thoughts to others who are going through trials, we hope that each day will be good, we hope that there are no hungry children today and so much more.  But hope for a person with cancer starts like this...
we hope for a cure, we hope our surgery is successful, we hope the chemo won't affect us too much and on and on.  At least thats the way it starts.

For some people hope comes naturally, others find it hard to find hope for the hard things in life.   I recently read a piece on hope and I liked how it explains that hope doesn't have to be singular:

"Acquiring information, gaining control, developing faith, setting priorities, finding a sense of purpose, all these are ways of getting in touch with hope.

When most patients say "hope," they mean the hope of a cure.  To us, hope means much more than that.  We define hope as a positive attitude, not necessarily related to achieving a cure.  Hope means accepting the reality of any situation but focusing on the redeeming aspects of that situation.  To hope is to look for the positive in one's circumstances, whether those circumstances are good or bad...To hope is to be able to focus on what matters the most to you.  This means that hope is highly individual...for one person, hope might be the hope of a cure.  For another, it might be the hope of a peaceful death. 

hmmm - says it takes 9 passengers!
I hope I get to drive again some day
For one person, hope might be hope for the highest possible quality of life.  For another, it might be the hope of bringing life to a positive completion - by mending old quarrels, by finishing work left undone, by coming to terms with old fears. For one person, hope might be the hope of living in such a way that one's life has made a difference to others. The soul of a cancer patient needs to find hope. "

I hope Dudley goes poop
soon so I can have my breakfast
LOL
Today I have hope...I hope that I have the strength to do everything I can to be positive during my journey, I hope that my family finds joy in the small things that happen during a day, I hope that I can help others by revealing honestly the good and not-so-good days of my journey, I hope that I learn something new everyday, I hope that my heart stays open for those who need it, I hope that I can say the right words to someone who needs to hear them, I hope that....and on and on.  Do I hope they find a cure, well of course I do but there is so much more to hope than we can imagine.

What are you hoping for today? Are you hoping for the impossible or the possible?

signed 'one' facing it straight on and I'm still hopeful purple ladybug

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.