Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 388 - focusing on 'one' instead of 'fifty'

I started my day as usual but soon found my thoughts getting agitated by stupid things and situations that annoy me.  I decided to sit down and write in my journal to deal with these negative thoughts.  Only two paragraphs in after writing all the things I had going on in my brain my thoughts shifted to thinking about all the people that show they care for me everyday, and I mean lots of people...

It's interesting and I know I've said it so many times before that we choose sometimes to focus and get ourselves so wound up over a few things when we have so MANY things in our lives that are good.  If you asked me a couple years ago to create two columns, one that said things that annoy me and things that are amazing in my life.  I still think that the 'amazing' column would be so much longer.  But I can guarantee that in my brain I gave more time and energy to the things that annoy me than the things that are great.  Silly isn't it.  We give so much power to such minor things that really don't deserve our attention.

Today was chemo day.  My life seems to be shifting again to be quite busy as I have a few projects on the go again and one special one that gets be very excited.  Projects that allow me creativity and the use of brain power, at least what brain power I can muster. 

Ray and I were talk'n as we waited for my name to be called for the session and we starting thinking that I was coming up to 1 year in chemo soon.  'So do you get a pin?' Ray asked.  'Well I'm not in a union' I said.  So why don't they have a 'cancer' membership association? I have been involved in many membership nonprofits...let's see what we can offer:
  • discounts for long term members on medical supplies
  • pins awarded for each year completed
  • awards for those who complete their treatments
  • mentoring for newbies
  • awards for those who help other cancer patients
  • recognition for the numerous volunteers at the clinic
  • monthly member recognition
  • weekly stories about those going through treatment
  • awards for a good attitude and doing well under not so great treatments determined by the nurses
  • on and on...and it's run by cancer patients who need to keep their brains and bodies busy.
oh, no...I think I have another idea here.  oh no!!!!!  hhhhhmmm

The session went well, 4 hours this time.  It was only 2.5 hours last session, sheesh what a difference!  Same meds, just busy nurses.  We played cards, played with our phones and snacked, snacked, snacked.  My legs and arms are beginning to have their shake-a-thon and the cramping has begun but I know it will mostly be gone in 24 hours so I am lucky.  Yes, lucky...it doesn't last the whole time, I don't have many problems with the neuropathy these days, my energy level is good, I haven't missed one session[shhh I didn't say that out loud, I only wrote it] and I could go on and on.  It's all the way you look at things.  Yes, I could focus on my nausea, my cramping legs, my in-ability to do much for a few days, the moments when walking is a struggle but I choose not too.  Believe me it's not easy but it's the best for me and those around me.  Yak, yakkity, yak, yak. 

A special thanks to all who sent good vibes my way, it WORKED!  Now here's some good vibes coming your way for your day tomorrow...it will be terrific, I am sure.  Grab onto the good things in your life and replace all those annoying things that fill your brain.  Talk to ya later!

signed 'one' purple ladybug soon to be getting her one year pin! LOL hmmmm darn ideas, stop, stop, stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.