Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 399 - 'one' who loves to plan

Yep - this is what REALLY matters!
Yep that's me! I spent the day working through ideas for a camp we are doing for our five oldest grandkids.  The theme is 'Survivor'.  Well of course Gramma and Grandpa will make it fair, and we won't vote any of the kids off the island but we are going to give them a food challenge that includes some chocolate covered ants, goats blood [that is V8 juice] and some other fun stuff...
  And of course we need to be a little grumpy and not allow those wonderful electronic games on the island but I think they will survive.

We will have fun for sure but the main purpose is just to spend time with them.  Ahhh time...get to know what they like and don't like.  Listen to them giggle till their sides hurt and watch them interact with one another in games and making food in the kitchen.  Just talking about it brings tears to my eyes.  It's been a couple years since we've had a camp for them, the first one we did was Pirate Camp in 2008, they still wear the T-shirts. 

My new hobby
pyrography = woodburning
It's so interesting to find such pleasure in such a simple thing as talking to a child and when I talk to adults in the real world they can be so miserable.  Why is everyone so unhappy these days?  The taxes, the heat, the rain, their bills, the traffic, their bosses, what is it?  I never wanted to turn into the person that says...do you really have something to complain about?  But sometimes it's so hard for me to find sympathy for those that are miserable because they are hot, or they just paid 25 cents more for something then they should or their favorite TV show was cancelled, I mean really? 

Yep, I'm turning into the person I did not want to be.  So I will work on my ability to see that those little things can really be a pain to others. That feeling warm for awhile is terrible compared to not being able to walk for days.  That paying so much for gas is crappy especially when you have the ability to actually drive.  I know, I know I need to work a LOT on my attitude and I will.  Not sure how but I will. 

yep - I'm having fun!
I will make sure that I don't say the things I'm thinking to those people that are so rude when we go shopping.  I will try to make them laugh and show them that their opinion does matter because maybe I'm the only one that has done that today.  I will wait to vent until I get home and I will only vent in my head.  Cause I know that if I ever really let it all out I will start to cry and not stop for a long while and I don't want anyone to see that ;-).  I only wish I could really say kindly to them, does it really matter all that much?

So tomorrow will be another day of planning.  I need to make some Survivor dollars for the auction and of course the grocery list needs to be done.  I'm not sure how it will all fit in my little van but we will make it fit amidst laughter and smiles...cause THAT's what really matters!!!! really!

signed 'one' planning purple ladybug


No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.