Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 402 - 'one' feels empowered

Who's under that crazy hat?
when getting the help you need.  As you know I had my 17th treatment today.  I'm feeling really good, did a little running around before heading on home.  Four and a half hours seems like a mighty long time when I'm sitting on my butt...
not wonder it's disappearing. LOL

After a couple hours at home my legs started getting that wobbly wobbly feeling, you know rubber legs.  Without hesitation out came the walker and off I went.  What a glorious feeling! Now I feel like nothing can slow me down.  All it took was trying it a few days ago and now I don't even think about it and it gives me so much energy and confidence in my abilities you cannot imagine. I can sit when I need to, I can walk where the wheels will take me, I can use a cane in smaller places and both of them can travel anywhere.  I've got it made.  So my advice to those of you that are hesitant.  Try it, I dare ya! You might surprise yourself.  Besides it couldn't make things worse could it?

The things that grandparents can get away with!
On another note, this evening as Ray left the house tonight for his car meeting I was shocked at his comment as he turned and walked down the stairs.  He said 'Good luck on your dieing.'  really? I thought.  So I responded 'I'm doing the best I can!' LOL  Actually I am working on the Survivor Camp t-shirts, bags and buffs, that is, dyeing them color tints!  Too funny, we were both splitting our guts laughing at that one!

On yet another quick note regarding the events of today.  We all are very sad to hear that Jack Layton passed away so suddenly.  I was truly overwhelmed at his letter that he wrote 2 days ago to the population of Canada.  I have been reading many quotes and comments throughout the social networks and I'm very shocked to see the need for people to include how they did not agree with his politics or opinions.  I can't even imagine the disrespect and how hurtful this is to his family. 

Now there's a happy guy!
Why is there such a need for people to tell others their negative opinions of things, no matter how much it hurts someone else.  I can't imagine what it would do to my family if someone came to a celebration of life for me and told my husband that they didn't agree with the way I did my treatment, my blog or my philosophy of life.  It is truly is completely disrespecting of the person that has passed and especially to the family. 

A kid that melts your heart with her eyes.
Do we really need to have our opinion heard in the expense of others? The individuals that have confidence in themselves, know the difference between when to say something or not.  And it's NOT now, when his family and friends need to desperately need hear how much a difference Layton has made in the world and how respected he was.  Sorry, but this is a VERY personal issue for me.  It is NOT the time to think of your own needs, of having your voice heard but it's time to show respect.  A word that seems to have lost it's meaning.  Please show respect for the family that is dealing with such a huge loss you can't even imagine their pain.  PLEASE!

So as you can see by my jumping from subject to subject that I am full of lots of good medicine and it's still pumping into me via my Gizmo for another 36 hours.  So remember the person that is controlling my switch, I need to keep it fully on for the the next week and 2 days so the time with my grandkids will be amazing and I can feel normal for just a little while.  But you can guarantee that if that switch does not remain fully on, I will make sure that those little ones, who are not so little any more, sniffle, sniffle,  have an amazing time and that the 3 days will be filled with lots of hugs, giggles, fun and memories...cause that's what matters! It doesn't matter if I need a cane, some pain meds or a walker.  Gramma will be in full power mode!  I guarantee.

signed 'one' excited purple ladybug, can you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.