Never Underestimate The Power of 'One'

Purple Ladybug (that's me) believes in the strong power of 'ONE'...one person, one smile, one hug or ? All it takes is 'ONE' thing to happen during your day to change the way you feel, it may be amazing or even heartbreaking. We face many 'ONE's each and every day, so join me as I take my future 'ONE' day at a time and write about my journey as a cancer conquerer and the 'ONE's in my daily life.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day 401 - 'one' of me

The wanna-be farmer and crew!
It's been a fun day.  A day that I mostly forgot that chemo is tomorrow am.  I went and had my blood tests done this am but won't know if the blood work is OK enough to have treatment until I arrive at the clinic tomorrow.  I feel pretty good so my guess is that it's a go!  If I felt like I did for a few days last week, I would say that treatment was not in the cards.  Tomorrow I will tell the chemo nurses about the fun I had and we will see if my doctor will adjust anything.  I hope not in the sense that I'm OK now...
 

Ray says he will build me one of these...
It's been a day full of family, a yummy lunch and letting them help me.  Yes, I was a good girl ;-) My appetite has gone down quite a bit and I struggle to eat sometimes.  But we all know that food always tastes better when someone else cooks it.  Every once and awhile I catch the sweet smell of homemade pizza making its appearance all the way from Edmonton!  Then there's the smell of the best spaghetti sauce I've ever had coming from Hope and I can't and won't forget the curry & apple rice smell as it makes its way from a fuscia trimmed condo a few kilometers down the road.  Such good cooks we have in the family.  Thank goodness!!!

Is missing some mayhem...doesn't
anyone have a birthday in the fall???
My gizmo will be attached tomorrow around noon.  We will sit and play a few rounds of cards while they pump me full of nausea medicine, magnesium and lots of other goodies.  I contemplate whether this might be my last one for a while or perhaps I will get one more before I go into the clinical trial.  See I'm being optimistic.  If I get to go into the clinical trial they will keep an eye on me every two weeks, I will get regular CT scans and check ups more often.  This type of drug has had a 15 to 20 percent success rate on shrinking those naughty cancel cells, doesn't that sound nice.  Yep, I'm up for that!

So for today I think about the next 4 to 6 weeks.  Full of a fun trip or two and some important decisions.  I will focus on what I can do, not what I can't.  I will think of making the right decision for me and my family and I know that I have much support all around me.  Can you tell I'm kinda mellow...must have been that extra pill I took. =0)

signed 'one' purple ladybug, yep there's only one of me thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may be when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and that when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey.